LeanKit Enhancements and Bug Fixes – Sep/Oct 2012

We’ve got some bigger things in the works (some of which ought to be delivered in the next few weeks), but we wanted to make sure you know that there’s lots of work happening all the time to make LeanKit a better product for you and your team. We’re actually doing (at least) a weekly release these days including both new features and big fixes.

Thanks to you, our customers, we’ve been able to expand our development team. So you should expect to see even more new capabilities from LeanKit going forward. Thank you!

Here are the enhancements and fixes that we’ve deployed over the past few weeks

New Features/Enhancements

  • You can now switch from one board to another recently visited board without having to return to the Home screen
  • You can now navigate to drill-through or taskboards from within the card edit dialog, not just from the right-click menu
  • You can now expand/collapse vertical parent lanes (by clicking on their header) to allow you to focus your view on a specific section of the board. This works just likes filters so it’s specific to you, not everyone using the board and the board stays as you left it when you leave and come back.
  • You can now choose to allow/not allow duplicate card IDs in the custom card ID field
  • You can choose to have LeanKit automatically assign the card IDs that appear in the custom card ID field.
  • We have added short-cut keys for expanding or collapsing the parent vertical lanes
  • We have added short-cut navigation to the Card edit dialog and filters (Check out the LeanKit Knowledgebase for the list of shortcut keys.

Bug Fixes

  • Putting double quotes in a board title was causing a JavaScript error
  • Modifying the widths of  sublanes in the backlog was sometimes causing their widths to be off
  • We’ve made it easier to dismiss the inline help overlay (the ? mark icon)
  • The widths of vertical sublanes was sometimes being calculated incorrectly
  • A few customers with very, very large boards were having problems saving edits to the board structure
  • Some buttons were not visible to some users because of style sheet issues, making it appear the security wasn’t set properly
  • In the Google Chrome browser, the new/import Template Dialog was wrapping incorrectly under certain zoom levels.
  • When a taskboard category was associated with a lane, we were not showing that taskboard category in the alt text when hovering over the lane (and we were supposed to)
  • Some users weren’t able to unsubscribe after subscribing to e-mail notifications for a lane
  • The visible taskboard category wasn’t switching properly in some cases of parent-child lanes
  • In the analytics, the tags filter wasn’t working properly if you had more than one negative filter, ie “Show me the graph for everything that DOES NOT have these two tags”.
  • Deleting a parent card was not removing all child card relationships on drill through boards
  • In certain cases, taskboard categories could not be deleted
  • Taskboards sometimes stopped displaying when a card was moved into a lane
  • The board title was wrapping incorrectly when creating a new board for a drill-through relationship
  • Some board filters were set incorrectly after users navigated to a drill-through board
  • Cards added to a new taskboard were sometimes filtered incorrectly
  • The cumulative flow diagram wasn’t showing icons for cases were the WIP limit had been overridden
  • Some users, using some versions of IE 8 were having trouble placing their cursor in certain card fields.

Comments are closed.

 

Companies You Know Trust LeanKit

Companies