If you think of an application as a tree, then the customers utilizing that application could represent the leaves. The infrastructure, or root system, that supports the tree is responsible for continuous delivery of nourishment to the leaves. Regardless of where those leaves grow, close to the trunk (here in Nashville, TN) or on a far reaching branch (we have customers all over the world), the timely delivery of new features and exceptional application quality is critical to being a healthy tree with vibrant, shiny leaves.
LeanKit is a rapidly growing company with new customers consistently sprouting in all areas of the globe. Fortunately, our growth was not noticeable in terms of diminished application health or performance, and we wanted to keep it that way. In order to ensure the best kanban software scalability for our customers, we embarked upon a massive infrastructure redesign effort and implemented an entirely new architecture. This enterprise class environment enables us to be more flexible and allows us to continuously deliver value to our customers.
The new application infrastructure, in place as of mid-April, includes: load balanced and virtualized servers, increased disaster recovery capacity and no single points of failure. Here’s a rundown of what all of that means for you…
- Seamless Value Delivery: With increased ability to deliver more and more value with no service disruption, you won’t have to worry about scheduled downtime. We can apply system patches, upgrades and fixes while the application is running. This means no adjusting your schedule around our maintenance timeline, you’ll be able to access the application anytime – day or night.
- Faster Issue Resolution: When network, load, or application problems/issues arise they can be resolved far more quickly since there won’t be a need for a window of downtime. We’ll be able to apply “the fix” whenever it’s ready.
- More Consistent Transaction Processing: You will be able see your work actions flow through the application with an even more dependable transaction speed because processing is now spread across multiple servers. No matter how many users are working on the application, the system won’t get bogged down; we’ll keep up with your fast fingertips.
- Enhanced Application Performance: You will see improved board load times. This is due to the implementation of better data caching strategies. As the roll out of web acceleration and content delivery networks (CDNs) occurs over the next few weeks, you will see continuously improving load times for all application pages.
- Increased Data Safety: We increased our Disaster Recovery (DR) capacity to manage a full fail-over for all accounts. Also, we supplemented our current backup and data retention policies to ensure the security and availability of your data.
- Enriched Security: You will be able to take advantage of the latest security best practices and guidelines since moving to a new environment allows us to build from the ground up. Our servers have the latest industry promoted security guidelines with highly restricted database access. Additional safe-guards come in the form of Cisco based firewalls, secure IP addresses and limited port access. Fort Knox type lockdown here.
- Nearly Infinite Capacity: We’ll keep adding new customers and you can keep adding new users; you won’t see the slightest blip on the radar since our ability to scale is off the charts.
Wherever your leaf is on our tree, we assure you that we are able to continue to deliver what you need in project management software, when you need it. Thanks for growing with us.