My name is Ryan MacGillis, and I’m a Customer Support Specialist here at LeanKit. A lot of the questions we receive are from people who want to get the most out of LeanKit’s features — that’s where I come in. Periodically, I’ll be blogging about some of the most frequently asked questions I hear. This FAQ explains what to do when you forget your password in LeanKit.
Help! I Forgot My Password
First: don’t panic! This happens to everyone. If you find yourself struggling to remember if the third letter in your password was a capital, or where you put that strange character, this one’s for you. Here are a few simple steps to get back to work quickly if you forget your password:
- Make sure you are on the correct Account page. Look at the URL address bar at the top of your browser to confirm it says: https://youraccountname.leankit.com
- If that is correct, then make sure you’re using the correct email address for your User login.
- If the above are true, there are a few ways to get your password reset:
- Contact the Account Owner or any Account Administrator for your LeanKit Account. They have the ability to manually reset your password for you, and can provide it to you so you can login. Account Owners and Administrators, learn more about this feature here.
- Click “Forgot My Password” on the Login page. Enter your email address at the next screen and click OK. You will receive a message saying a password reset email will be sent to you within 15 minutes. This generally comes quicker, but please remember to check your spam/junk folders if you’re not seeing it in a timely manner. Once you receive the temporary password, you can copy/paste it directly from the email into the password field. You will then be prompted to enter your own new password.
- If you are unable to get ahold of the Account Owner or Account Administrator you can send an email to email@example.com and we can reset it for you.
More FAQs Coming Soon
Check back regularly to learn more about how to make the most of LeanKit.