Visual Project Management Tools
Regardless of the size of project, project management can be challenging because there are so many moving parts and pieces. With a good set of project management tools, however, project managers can spend less time running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off and more time on the things that really matter.
Manage Change Like a Pro
If you have ever managed a project, you know all too well about some of the pain points that project teams experience. Most pain points are the result of some sort of change in the project that impacts the team. This is why the concept of change management is so important.
Visual project management has emerged as one of the best ways to manage changes within a project. When it comes to improving communication, collaboration and risk identification, visualizing processes and work flows goes a long way.
Visual project management tools helps resolve:
- Breakdowns in communication
- Lack of collaboration
- Too many status meetings
- Starts and stops
Why Use Visual Project Management Tools?
Benefits of using a project management tool include:
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Ability to meet timelines while staying on budget
- Reduction in work-related stress caused by too much work and the feeling that it will never get done.
- Improved processes and workflows
How to Find the Best Project Management Tool
The best project management tool should be easy to use. Here are some key features to look for in visual project management software:
- Familiar user interface (drag-and-drop task creation and assignments, visual work boards, intuitive placement of controls).
- Friendly layout (user avatars, effective iconography, social functionality).
- Advanced features that do not stand in the way of basic functionality (for power users looking for reporting and tracking options beyond what is relevant for most users of the software).